When the Buskirk Memorial Scholarship awards began in 2006, a total of 9 individuals received in excess of $5200. Currently the Buskirk scholarships, awarded annually through the Concord Educational Foundation, have more than doubled to first-time and renewal recipients for their post-graduate education.
Concord Educational Foundation is completely independent of the local school district, we are a non-profit public charity that allows individuals, families, businesses, or organizations to support higher education for local students. By combining existing funds and new donations, our scholarship awards are maximized. The foundation invests and administers the funds to maintain continuous scholarship distributions. As such, we provide donors opportunities to leave lasting legacies. Like community foundations, we are overseen by a volunteer board of concerned citizens and professionals.
Concord Educational Foundation makes a difference:
- Promotes private giving for a public good
- Offers a tax-exempt vehicle for donors
- Builds and maintains a lasting legacy for the community
- Generates funds for distribution as college scholarships
- Acknowledges student achievement, integrity, work ethic, and community service
- Encourages all students in the pursuit of their dreams of a higher education